Please join me for a fun-filled PINK day at Crop for a Cause on 22 May 2010, raising funds for the New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation. Read the posts below for more information. Regards, Becky

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Days to go: 3
Tickets remaining: 3

Well, my lovely Mum helped me prepare 70 goodie bags last night (thanks Ma!), which took us a couple of hours... Lucky time flies when you're having fun :) Only three more days and they'll be in your hot little hands!

Ok, I have been asked by some ladies how much of their own gear they need to bring. Well, bring the lot, if you want! We are going to be using the rear entrance to the lounge, this is opposite the netball courts, just past the entrance to the gym. There is a lift there so that you don't have to lug large piles of gear upstairs. If you want to minimise what you bring, make sure that at the very least you bring some scissors, a paper trimmer and some adhesive, so that you can do the Make and Takes on the day. I say bring plenty - better to have too much to do, than not enough, I reckon. Although there is always talking and/or eating to be done I suppose!

And just a reminder, there will be several raffles running on the day at $2 per ticket, as well as the autographed tote raffle, at $4 per ticket or three tickets for $10. Also some NZBCF product available for purchase - pens, ribbons, wristbands, nail file sets, all around the $3 or $4 mark.

Now as you know, lunch is not provided, BUT I have it on good authority that the tuck shop for the Hockey Turf has good cheap meals. This Saturday they will be doing Macaroni Cheese for $4 per serving, and they have all the usual tuck shop food as well - pies, lollies etc. So, if you get peckish, but don't want to go far, that might be a good option for you. There is also a Four-Square just up the road from the Stadium that has lunch options available. Otherwise, Pizza Hut, Dominos and Punjab Indian takeaways deliver, or you can pop down to 'Cholesterol Corner' on Evans Street (SH1) and get McDonalds, KFC, Chinese or Fish'n Chips. That enough choice for you? I hope so! Obviously, the same sort of options apply for tea.

Well, that's it from me for today... see you soon!

1 comment:

  1. WOW Beck! You should be very proud of all you have achieved for such a fantastic cause! I won't be there on the day, but I just wanted to let you know that I think you are doing an awesome thing for all woman. You have been unbelievably busy and I hope that you can look around you on Saturday and see all the hard work has paid off and ENJOY!!!
    Well done Beck I am 100% impressed!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete