Please join me for a fun-filled PINK day at Crop for a Cause on 22 May 2010, raising funds for the New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation. Read the posts below for more information. Regards, Becky

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Update...

Well ladies, I am pleased to report that tickets are starting to literally fly out the door.... even quicker than I had imagined, to be honest. You still have one more day to leave a comment on the post below to try and win a free pass... give it a shot, it might be worth your while!

Meanwhile, behind the scenes I am being kept busy at the moment liaising with sponsors to sort out the spot prizes and raffle prizes, and assembling some of the materials for make and takes for you all. I know it seems a long way off, but I am sure that the remaining nine and a half weeks between now and May 22nd are going to go pretty fast! At this stage I have managed to sort some lovely goodies for our morning and afternoon teas, and I will be getting busy in the kitchen myself between now and then, so I know for certain that we won't go hungry!

Now, as mentioned in the advertising, the ticket cost includes morning and afternoon teas. Lunch is not provided. Fortunately, in Timaru, if you want to pop out and get something to eat, everything is literally only minutes away.... unlike in the big cities! There is a handy little Four Square just down the road that you can walk to, or otherwise there are the usual collection of takeaways (KFC, McDonalds, Indian, Pizza, Chinese) only a short drive away at Ashbury. Although, that said, I will be surprised if you are at all hungry after you have had morning tea, to be honest! You are of course welcome to bring along your own cold drinks/snacks etc, especially if you have particular dietary requirements.

At this stage, the timetable for the day looks a bit like this:

9.00am - Doors open. Come in, get settled and have a look around some of the displays. The rear entrance (opposite the netball courts) has a lift, which will make it a lot easier to get all your scrapbooking gear upstairs.

9.30am - Time for me to stand up and say a few (short) words. Seriously, I won't take long, I promise!

10.30am - Morning tea (tea/coffee/milo, savouries, sandwiches, cake)

3.30pm - Afternoon tea (tea/coffee/milo, cake, muffins, cupcakes)

4.00pm - Janie Annear will judge the Best Decorated Bra entries.

9.00pm - Event finishes.

During the free time between morning and afternoon tea, and afternoon tea and 9pm, there will be some make and takes to do (if you wish), but I will explain more about them on the day.

So that's that, I think we're all up to date! Keep an eye on the list of event supporters over on the right hand side - they have grown, yet again. These people/companies have been kind enough to help us out with this event, so please give them your support if and when you can.

If you have any questions, send me an email (there is a large pink button saying 'Email me' in the top right hand corner of your screen).

Regards, Becky.

No comments:

Post a Comment